- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- 7 dinners;
- 7 lunches;
- Air-conditioned modern vehicles
- All excursions mentioned in the itinerary;
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Evening panoramic tour “Sofia by night” and dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore music and dances;
- Professional English speaking guide
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria
- Personal expenses
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to the hotel, accommodation. Lunch. Guided sightseeing tour of Sofia, including visits to the National Historical Museum and the National Archaeological Museum. In the evening panoramic tour “Sofia by night” and dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore music and dances. Overnight in Sofia
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Plovdiv. Visit to the Archaeological Museum. Lunch. Sightseeing of the Old town - the Ethnographic Museum, the Roman Stadium, St. Constantine and Helena Church, etc. Visit to the Roman Theater, which was built in the 2nd century AD under the rule of the Roman Emperor Trajan and is nowadays considered to be the largest surviving Roman construction in Bulgaria. Dinner and overnight in Plovdiv.
Breakfast. Drive to Perperikon. Sightseeing of the archaeological complex - discovered and documented in April 2001, this area has been inhabited for the last 5000 years and is among the best representatives of Thracian cultural development in Bulgaria. Lunch. Departure for Kardzhali. In the afternoonwe will visit to local History Museum. Dinner and overnight in Kardzhali
Breakfast. Drive to the Thracian complex Tatul. Sightseeing of the rock tomb and sanctuary, connected with the cult of Orpheus. Departure for Stara Zagora. Lunch. On the way - visit to the Museum of Thracian Art in the Eastern Rhodopes in the village Alexandrovo. Dinner and overnight in Stara Zagora.
Breakfast. Sightseeing of Stara Zagora - Ancient Forum, Neolithic Settlements, Regional History Museum. Lunch. In the afternoon - drive to the ancient town Kabile, established 2000 years BC. Visit to the local museum and the archaeological complex. Return to Stara Zagora. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast. Drive to Kazanlak. Walk around the historic area of the town - the Ethnographic complex, and History Museum. Visit to Kazanlak Thracian Tomb, which dates back to 4th century BC and is included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Its murals and paintings are Bulgaria’s best preserved artistic masterpieces from the Hellenistic period. Lunch. Visits to some of the other Thracian tombs in the region of Kazanlak. Dinner and overnight in Kazanlak.
Breakfast. Drive to the spa town of Hisar. Although famous for its mineral water springs, the town is a genuine pearl of antiquity. Hisar Fortress, an archaeological reserve, is an excellent example of early fortification art and perhaps the best monument of this kind in Bulgaria. Lunch. Departure for Sofia. On the way – visit to Starosel and walk around the latest excavations of the Thracian tombs at Starosel. The village is known for its abundance of ancient Thracian sites, with finds dating back to the 5-6 millennium BC. Dinner and overnight in Sofia.
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport and departure.
More about this tour
- Stara Zagora
Price per person:
|1 pax||2-3 pax||4-8 pax||9-15 pax||16-24 pax||25-48 pax|
|1011 €||706 €||690 €||553 €||499 €||473 €|
- 730 km round trip
- Children up to 12 years in their parent’s room - 29 EUR;
- Single room supplement - 157 EUR;
- Prices may be subject to change without prior notice;
- Advanced booking is required;
- The hotel reservations are guaranteed as a rule, when they are made more than 20 days prior to arrival; For requests made less than 20 days prior to arrival, additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed;
- Additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed at National Holidays/ Events and Official Orthodox Holidays, such as Christmas, New Years Eve, Easter, Rose Festival /1st week of June/, 6th May, 6th September, 22nd September, etc;
- For groups up to 4 persons, the guide could be also a driver