- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- 6 lunches;
- 7 dinners;
- Air-conditioned modern vehicles
- All excursions mentioned in the itinerary;
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Evening panoramic tour “Sofia by night” and dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore music and dances;
- Professional English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria
- Personal expenses
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to the hotel and accommodation. Guided sightseeing tour of the city centrе, including visit to Alexander Nevski Cathedral – one of the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in Europe, as well as one of Sofia’s symbols and a primary tourist attraction; St. Sophia Church, built by the Roman Еmperor Justinian in the 6th century, the National Theatre, the former Royal Palace, housing the National Revival Art Gallery and the Ethnographic Museum, the Presidency, etc. Lunch. Free time in the city centre and the main trade area around Vitosha Boulevard. Dinner and overnight in Sofia.
Breakfast. Visit to the National History Museum. The most interesting from the museum collections are the Thracian and Old Bulgarian gold and silver treasures, rich collection of icons, church plates and cloths, numismatics, manuscripts and early printed books, ethnographic exhibits. Lunch. Visit to St. George Rotunda (4th c.) - the oldest building in Sofia and a fine monument of Roman architecture. Free time. In the evening panoramic tour “Sofia by night” and dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore music and dances. Overnight in Sofia
Breakfast. Drive to the town of Kyustendil - the old Roman Pautalia, translated as “city of the spring”. The hot mineral springs are Kyustendil’s biggest asset. A total of 40 springs are the horn of plenty in this country. Lunch. Sightseeing tour of the town. Walk around the roman heritage - Hisarlaka Fortress, the baths of Pautalia, etc. Drive back to Sofia, dinner and overnight.
Breakfast and departure to Plovdiv - Bulgaria’s second largest city - known as the old Trimontium. Sightseeing tour, including the Old Town and the 2nd century Roman Theatre with its majestic marble statues, decorative columns and arcades. The Theatre was build under the rule of the Roman Emperor Trajan and is nowadays considered to be the largest surviving Roman construction in Bulgaria. Lunch. Visits to the Ethnographic Museum, the Roman Stadium, St. Constantine and Helena Church, etc. Dinner and overnight in Plovdiv.
Breakfast. Walking tour in Plovdiv, including a visit to the Museum of Archaeology and Eirene Museum. Drive to Hisar - the ancient Auguste or Sevastopolis. Sightseeing tour, including the Roman Fortress, the Tomb, etc. The archaeological reserve Hisar Fortress is an excellent example of early fortification art and perhaps the best monument of this kind in Bulgaria. Nine basilicas have been discovered here. Free time in the spa town, famous for its numerous mineral springs. Lunch. Departure for Stara Zagora. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast. Sightseeing tour of Stara Zagora - the Roman Forum, Southern Gates of ancient Augusta Trayana, the History Museum. Departure for Kardzhali. Lunch. On the way tour of Perperikon - most important megalithic structure in Bulgaria with incessant life for the last 4000 years. Under the Roman Empire here had existed a whole settlement with a palace and fortifications on top of the rocks. Dinner and overnight in Kardzhali.
Breakfast. Visit to the History Museum in Kardzhali exhibiting some of the most interesting discoveries from antiquity in the Eastern Rhodope Region. Departure for Sofia. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport and departure.
More about this tour
- National Historical Museum
- Stara Zagora
Price per person:
|1 pax||2-3 pax||4-8 pax||9-15 pax||16-24 pax||25-48 pax|
|1 122 €||761 €||755 €||573 €||517 €||486 €|
- 950 km round trip
- Children up to 12 years their parent’s room- 28 EUR;
- Single room supplement - 179 EUR;
- Prices may be subject to change without prior notice;
- Advanced booking is required;
- The hotel reservations are guaranteed as a rule, when they are made more than 20 days prior to arrival; For requests made less than 20 days prior to arrival, additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed;
- Additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed at National Holidays/Events and Official Orthodox Holidays, such as Christmas, New Years Eve, Easter, Rose Festival /1st week of June/, 6th May, 6th September, 22nd September, etc;
- For groups up to 4 persons, the guide could be also a driver