- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- 7 dinners;
- 7 lunches;
- Air-conditioned modern vehicles
- All excursions mentioned in the itinerary;
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore program and dances;
- Professional English speaking guide
- Wine tasting in Melnik;
- All entry taxes and service charges for the visited in the itinerary tourist sites.
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria
- Personal expenses, meals (lunch, dinner) and drinks, entry taxes for museums visited individually;
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
Arrival in Sofia. Accommodation at the hotel. Guided sightseeing tour of the city center, including visit to Alexander Nevski Cathedral – one of the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in Europe, as well as one of Sofia’s symbols and a primary tourist attraction; the Rotunda St. George, the Church St. Sophia, built by Emperor Justinian in the 6th century, the National Theatre, the former Royal Palace, housing the National Revival Art Gallery and the Ethnographic Museum, the Presidency, etc. Lunch. Free time in the city centre, and main trade area around Vitosha Boulevard. In the evening dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore program and dances. Overnight in Sofia.
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to the town of Vratsa, crossing the Balkan Range through the Iskar River Gorge. Lunch. Visit to Vratsata Natural Park with typical rocks and Ledenika Cave. The Natural Park Vrachanski Balkan, near the city, gives wonderful opportunities for hiking. Here is located the most cave - rich area around the country - more than 500 caves and karst precipices. On the Park’s territory occurs one of the most beautiful Bulgarian caves - Ledenika. It is proclaimed for Natural Site and tourist object with international importance. The cave impresses with its great sizes and during the winter grabs the visitor with its fine ice decoration. Dinner and overnight in Vratsa.
Breakfast. Drive to the town of Belogradchik. Visit to Belogradchik Rocks and the fortress. These rock impress with their fantastic outlines - silhouettes of people, towers, ships, mushrooms, obelisks, palaces, and animals. Most remarkable are Pine Stone, Adam and Eve, Sphinx, Schoolgirl, Nun, Bear. The rocks are a Natural Site and a national beauty spot. The Fortress of Belogradchik is built by the Ottoman conquerors on the remains of the Roman Fortress. It was used for the last time during the Serbian-Bulgarian War of 1885. It has been restored and arranged as an open-air museum. Lunch. Drive to the village of Rabisha and visit to the Rabisha Cave with pre-historic pictures on the walls. Drive to Sofia. Accommodation at the hotel, dinner and overnight in Sofia.
Breakfast. Drive to Rupite Locality. Visit to the springs and the monastery in the heart of the extinguished volcano Kozhuh. Drive to the smallest town in Bulgaria Melnik, situated in the foots of unique rock pyramids. Lunch. Visit to the Rozhen Monastery to get a panoramic view of the region and admire the scenery. Upon request wine tasting in the Kordopoulova Museum House in Melnik. Dinner and overnight in Melnik.
Breakfast. Drive to Trigrad Gorge. The impressive gorge, with its 250 high walls, is one of the most attractive karst formations in Bulgaria. The region is home for more than 150 caves. The most famous of them is the Devil’s Throat Cave with one of the highest underground waterfalls in Europe (42 m). Stop at the lake of Dospat. Lunch. Visit to Yagodinska Cave in the Gorge of the river Buinovska and the Devil’s Throat Cave. Drive to the spa town of Devin. Dinner and overnight in Devin.
Breakfast. Drive to Smolyan. Visit to the village of Shiroka Laka, still keeping the atmosphere of the Bulgarian National Revival. Walk around Pamporovo Mountain Resort. Lunch. Climb to Snezhanka Peak with the TV tower by lift. Visit to Smolyan Lakes, located 7 km. far from the town. Many years ago the number of the lakes was twenty, but nowadays only seven have survived. Dinner and overnight in Smolyan.
Breakfast. Drive to Chudnite mostove – wonderful rock bridges. Walk around in the region of the bridges. The unique rock bridges are most probably the result of an ancient cave collapsing in an earthquake. The river has carried away most of the smaller rock debris. Atmospheric processes have shaped the two natural marble bridges of extraordinary beauty. Lunch. Drive to Krastova Gora. Visit to the churches and chapels at the top of the hill. Drive to Plovdiv. Dinner and overnight in Plovdiv.
Transfer to Sofia. Departure.
More about this tour
- Chudnite Mostove
- Shiroka Laka
- Trigrad Gorge
- Alexander Nevski Cathedral
- Yagodina Cave
- Rozhen Monastery
- Belogradchik Rocks
- Devil’s cave
Price per person:
|1 pax||2-3 pax||4-8 pax||9-15 pax||16-24 pax||25-48 pax|
|1 190 €||715 €||636 €||453 €||391 €||353 €|
- 1400 km round trip
- Children up to 12 years in their parent’s room- 34 EUR;
- Single room supplement - 177 EUR;
- Prices may be subject to change without prior notice;
- Advanced booking is required;
- The hotel reservations are guaranteed as a rule, when they are made more than 21 days prior to arrival; For requests made less than 21 days prior to arrival, additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed;
- Additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed at National Holidays/ Events and Official Orthodox Holidays, such as Christmas, New Years Eve, Easter, Rose Festival /1st week of June/, 6th May, 6th September, 22nd September, etc;
- For groups up to 4 persons, the guide could be also a driver