- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- 7 nights accommodation on BB basis at hotels or family hotels in Sofia 3*, Ohrid area 2*, Sandanski 3*;
- Air-conditioned modern vehicles
- All excursions mentioned in the itinerary;
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Evening panoramic tour “Sofia by night” and dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore music and dances;
- Professional English speaking guide
- All entry taxes and service charges for the visited in the itinerary tourist sites.
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria
- Personal expenses, meals (lunch, dinner) and drinks, entry taxes for museums visited individually;
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to the hotel and accommodation. Guided sightseeing tour of the city centre. Visit to Alexander Nevski Cathedral – one of the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in Europe, as well as one of Sofia’s symbols and a primary tourist attraction; the Parliament Square, the Russian Church, the Rotunda St. George, the church St. Sophia, built by the Roman emperor Justinian in the 6th century, the National Theatre, the former Royal Palace, the Presidency, etc. Free time in the city centre and main trade area around Vitosha Boulevard. In the evening dinner at a traditional restaurant with music and dances. Overnight in Sofia
Early breakfast at the hotel. 7.30 a.m. – departure for the Republic of Macedonia. Walking tour in Skopje, including the old quarter Varosh, Skopsko Kale Fortress, and the Church of St. Spas (The Savior). Departure to Ohrid - the Pearl of Macedonia – a townwith century-old history and traditions, combined with the incredible beauty of the Ohrid Lake and the warm hospitality of its residents. On the way pass through the town of Struga for a short panoramic tour in the center of the town. Accommodation in the area of Ohrid. Overnight
Breakfast. In the morning – a tour to St. Naum Monastery, situated on the southeastern
bank of Ohrid Lake. Visit to St. Archangels Church, where the tomb of the healer and miracle maker St. Naum is located. Visit to Biliana’s springs. Walking tour in the old part of Ohrid, including the Tsar Samuil’s Fortress; St. Clement Church - a site under the protection of UNESCO, for its authentic architecture and frescoes; St. Pantheleimon Church; St. Sofia Church; the ancient theatre and the old town market. Free time. Overnight in the area of Ohrid.
Breakfast. Departure for Greece. On the way visit to the Small Prespa Lake, part of the big Prespa Natural Park – the home for many protected birds and species. Visit to the St. Ahil Island with the ruins of the medieval Prespa town. Drive to the town of Edessa – one of the most beautiful towns in northern Greece. Sightseeing tour of Edessa, including the waterfalls and the old quarter. In the afternoon drive back to Ohrid. Overnight.
Breakfast. Departure for Bulgaria through the town of Bitola. Short sightseeing tour of Bitola - the second largest town of Macedonia, which has preserved the spirit of the traditional old architecture and old Macedonian crafts. Arrival in Sandanski in the afternoon. Sandanski is one of the most famous spa resorts in Bulgaria and attracts the tourists with its mineral waters, beautiful town parks and places for entertainment. Accommodation, overnight.
Breakfast. Drive to Melnik. Walking tour in the smallest town in Bulgaria, including the
Kordopulova museum-house, the church and other from the period of the National Revival. Drive to Rozhen Monastery. Visit to monastery 13th – one of the biggest monasteries in Pirin Mountain, well preserved until today. The monastery reached its peak in the 19th century, when it became a regional centre of Orthodox Christianity and owned a lot of land in the area. Drive to Rila Monastery – the biggest monastery in Bulgaria, included in the list of UNESCO. Visit to the monastery church Nativity of the Virgin. One of its greatest valuables is the wooden iconostasis, some 14th and 15th century icons, wall paintings, made by the famous artist Zahari Zograph. Walk around the monastery – the Hrelyo’s Tower, the old kitchen, and the history museum. Drive to Sofia, accommodation and overnight.
Breakfast. Drive to Koprivshtitsa. Walking tour of the town. Koprivshtitsa is a world
famous folk festival centre, representing the typical atmosphere and architecture style of the Bulgarian National Revival period of the 19th century. The town was one of the centers of the April Uprising in 1876 and it was here that the first shot against the Ottoman occupation was fired. Visit to some of the most beautiful museum- houses in Koprivshtitsa: Oslekov’s House, which is nowadays an ethnographic museum; the church Dormition of the Virgin, built in 1817, Kableshkov’s Memorial House, etc. Free time for a walk in the cozy cobbled streets of Koprivshtitsa and shopping. Drive back to Sofia, overnight.
Transfer to the airport and departure.
More about Balkan Tour - 3 countries
More about this tour
- Alexander Nevski Cathedral
- Ohrid Lake
- Small Prespa Lake
- Edessa Waterfalls
- Kordopoulova Museum House in Melnik
- Rozhen Monastery
- Koprivshtitsa Museum Houses
Price per person:
|1 pax||2-3 pax||4-8 pax||9-15 pax||16-24 pax||25-48 pax|
|1140 €||930 €||860 €||710 €||670 €||530 €|
- 1600 km round trip
- Children up to 12 years – 16 EUR.
- Single room supplement - 186 EUR;
- Prices may be subject to change without prior notice;
- Advanced booking is required;
- The hotel reservations are guaranteed as a rule, when they are made more than 20 days prior to arrival; For requests made less than 20 days prior to arrival, additional
confirmation of hotel reservations is needed;
- Additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed at National Holidays/ Events and Official Orthodox Holidays, such as Christmas, New Years Eve, Easter, Rose Festival /1st week of June/, 6th May, 6th September, 22nd September, etc;
- For groups up to 4 persons, the guide could be also a driver