- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- 6 nights accommodation on BB basis at 3* hotel in Sofia and 2*+ hotel at the Olympic Riviera;
- Air-conditioned modern vehicles
- All excursions mentioned in the itinerary;
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Evening panoramic tour “Sofia by night” and dinner at a traditional restaurant with folklore music and dances;
- Professional English speaking guide
- All entry taxes and service charges for the visited in the itinerary tourist sites.
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria
- Personal expenses, meals (lunch, dinner) and drinks, entry taxes for museums visited individually;
- Tips to guide and driver
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 7
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
Arrival in Sofia. Accommodation. Guided sightseeing tour of the city center, including visit to Alexander Nevski Cathedral – one of the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in Europe, as well as one of Sofia’s symbols and primary tourist attractions; St.George Rotunda, St. Sofia Church, built by emperor Justinian in the 6th century, the National Theatre, the former Royal Palace, housing the National Art Gallery and the Ethnographic Museum, the Presidency, etc. Free time in the city centre and main trade area around Vitosha Boulevard. In the evening panoramic tour “Sofia by night” and dinner at traditional restaurant with folklore music and dances. Overnight in Sofia.
Breakfast. Departure for Plovdiv. Sightseeing tour of Old Plovdiv, including visit to the Ethnographic Museum, the Roman Stadium, St. Constantine and Helena Church, etc. Visit to the Roman Theatre, which was build in the 2nd century AD under the rule of the Roman Emperor Trajan and is nowadays considered to be the largest surviving Roman construction in Bulgaria. Free time in the centre of Plovdiv. Drive back to Sofia. Overnight in Sofia
Breakfast at the hotel and departure for the Rila Monastery, the most beautiful and the most important monastery in Bulgaria, founded in the 10th century. Tour of the Rila Monastery and its museum. Visit to the monastery church “Nativity of the Virgin”. One of its greatest valuables is the wooden iconostasis, some 14th and 15th century icons, wall paintings, made by the famous artist Zahari Zograph. Walk around the monastery – the Hrelyo Tower, the old kitchen. Free time. Drive back to Sofia in the late afternoon. Overnight in Sofia.
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport and departure.1
Early breakfast. 07.30 a.m. – departure for Greece. In the afternoon, visit to the town of Edessa, a photo break at the waterfalls of Edessa and walking tour in the centre and the old part of the town – the Varosha quarter. Drive to the Olympic Riviera. Accommodation
Breakfast at the hotel. One day tour to the Meteora locality and the famous rock monasteries of Meteora. The rock monasteries have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage and they form one of the most important stations of the cultural map of Greece. Visit to two of the six functioning monasteries there. Free time in the picturesque town of Kalambaka, nestled in the shadow of the giant rocks of Meteora. Drive back to the Olympic Riviera and overnight.
Breakfast. Drive to Thessaloniki. Sightseeing tour of the city, including the White Tower – a symbol of the city, the St. St. Cyril and Methodius Church, the Navarino Square with the Palace of Galerius; the Arch of Galerius; the Turkish Baths; the Roman Forum St. Dimitrius Church where the relics of the saint are preserved for worship; the Eptapirgio Fortress. Free time in the old part of the town for visiting the famous market. Departure for Bulgaria in the afternoon. Arrival in Sofia around midnight. Accommodation. Overnight.
More about this tour
- Rila Monastery
- Olympic Riviera
Price per person:
|1 pax||2-3 pax||4-8 pax||9-15 pax||16-24 pax||25-48 pax|
|1460 €||930 €||860 €||710 €||670 €||530 €|
- 1800 km round trip
- Children up to 12 years – 30 EUR.
- Single room supplement - 294 EUR;
- Dinner at Greek tavern with sea food, ouzo and wine - 20 EUR;
- Prices may be subject to change without prior notice;
- Advanced booking is required;
- The hotel reservations are guaranteed as a rule, when they are made more than 20 days prior to arrival; For requests made less than 20 days prior to arrival, additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed;
- Additional confirmation of hotel reservations is needed at National Holidays/Events and Official Orthodox Holidays, such as Christmas, New Years Eve, Easter, Rose Festival /1st week of June/, 6th May, 6th September, 22nd September, etc;
- For groups up to 4 persons, the guide could be also a driver